Sunday, December 6, 2015

Shat karmas & Vajroli yoga

We learned about shatkarmas in class this week and I thought it seemed pretty gross to be honest. It blew my mind how there is a specific technique to swallowing rags to cleanse the inner body. I've known people who use neti pots before, but I've never tried one because just the thought of draining my nose like that freaks me out. haha. It was just something I don't think I ever would have learned about if I had not taken this class and it was really interesting to hear. We also learned a little bit about tantric exercises and read parts of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. It was kind of funny to me reading about vajroli yoga because it seemed so outdated. Vajroli yoga was definitely something I don't think most people want to practice... it was pretty intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment